Between 6 and 10 feature films are made in the Dominican Republic every year, and it proves a well-established industry of local and foreign productions.
- 25% fully transferable tax credit on all above and below the line eligible expenditure
- Boasts a variety of very diverse and stunning locations: beaches, coastal areas, desert, tropical forests and historical port and city
- The most cost effective location for filming in the region
- Favourable exchange rate to the US dollar
- Close proximity and access to Caribbean, Central and South American markets
- 10 International airports with over 200 scheduled flights each week to America and Europe
Feature film credits include: Havana (Sydney Pollack); The Lost City (Andy Garcia), The Godfather: Part II, The Good Shepherd (Robert de Niro), and Miami Vice (Michael Mann)
The Dominican Republic is one of the largest and most dynamic islands in the Caribbean.
- A long tradition of media development
- Culturally buzzing capital, Santo Domingo
- As the leading economy in the Caribbean, it offers foreign companies and visitors the opportunity to enjoy an ideal environment for both work and play